A traditional purpose-built Victorian school house on the original site of Leith Academy; opened in 1806 and rebuilt in 1898 on the same site but on a larger scale.
The building is constructed of red sandstone with extremely ornate lead vent turrets and a grand central bell tower.
The project included a complete renewal of the decorative lead cladding with much of the structural timber beneath being either repaired and replaced.
The central bell tower had its decorative oak balustrade reinstated to its former glory. This replaced an unsympathetic glass fibre replica which had been installed sometime in the 1990’s.
The roof lights were reglazed and their lead flashings renewed in conjunction with renewal of the main platform roof.